Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas 2008, Part 2

Nancy's side of the family arrived yesterday for Christmas celebration. We had a supper of meatballs, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, homemade cranberry sauce, and apples with cream. After supper we opened a huge amount of gifts. We went down to the basement for that event.

Grandma J digs into a bag to retrieve a gift. Pay no attention to the background. Building an enclosure around the breaker box is a project that has been staring at me for some time.

Donovan and Gerrit wait patiently for a gift to open.

Aleah will almost always smile for the camera.

Samantha got a stuffed animal. She asked me to take a picture. I did. This is it.

Grandpa J and Loren stare into space while Kelly views some new dish towels.

The old man opens one of his gifts. He almost always puts a bow on his head for the occasion.

From Nancy's parents we got a KitchenAid mixer. We knew we were getting this. She had asked us what we wanted for Christmas and we mentioned a new stand mixer. About a month ago she took us to Kohls to look at their KitchenAid mixers. We were going to get the cheapest model, which still isn't inexpensive, but I recommended we wait until I could check online. I found their most expensive bowl-lift mixer on sale on Amazon for about half price - which was the same price as the "low end" model in Kohls. We ordered it that night. I know we'll put it to good use. I'm hoping to use it to make bread, and maybe a few caramel rolls.


One thing Donovan received was a Darth Tater. This is one of the normal configurations.

They also include parts to make him look goofy.

Tonight they played a game of Pass the Pigs. Clockwise from lower left: Grandma J, Kelly, Aleah, Gerrit, Loren, and Donovan.

Grandpa and Grandma and Loren and Kelly each plan to stay until Sunday. Then they'll head back to Williston, ND and Plymouth, MN, respectively.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Nancy, I'll put in an order of caramel rolls! Thanks!