Monday, June 2, 2008

A forgotten Christmas present

I forgot to mention that the day we were cleaning the basement at mom's I found an unopened beautifully wrapped Christmas gift. There wasn't a name on there. I told mom we better open it up to see what it is. She then said I think it might be for you. I opened it up and it was a Precious Moments figurine-probably from two or three Christmases ago. It was a very pleasant surprise. After I opened it I mentioned that she could have saved it for this Christmas!!

Vacation Bible School went well last night. We're expecting more kids tonight-the first night is usually the lowest in attendance. I have plenty of helpers for the crafts and we found we had too much time so they took time off from all the activities and will have more time for closing exercises.

Samantha did really well at tennis today. They didn't actually hit the balls but they ran after balls and got to balance a ball on their raquet. They also did some stretching exercises and running around. I was very proud of the fact that she was doing what she was suppose to be doing. She seems to be the youngest (or smallest) player in their group.

Aleah starts tennis tomorrow at noon. She also has piano at 3:30 and all the kids have swimming at 4:30. Along with Vacation Bible School at 6:30 it will make for a busy day.

No comments: