Monday, June 9, 2008

Camp Edventure begins

Gerrit, Aleah, and Donovan started Camp Edventure this morning. It starts at 8 a.m. and goes until noon. It's for three weeks minus the weekends. They had a good time today. Samantha and I went for a walk before she had tennis at eleven.

After lunch we drove to the hospital to pick up Donovan's friend Noah. His sister Taylor is having her week of chemo in the hospital and so we had him spend the day with us. He was here a little over six hours and ate supper with us. They seemed to have fun the whole day and Donovan was really tired tonight. Bruce's brother Doug was also here for supper. He came up to help Bruce plant some flowers-we went with perennials this year. Thanks Doug!!

This afternoon the kids played with and ate edible peanut butter play dough that Aleah made-! cup peanut butter, 1 cup corn syrup, 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 1 1/4 cup powdered milk. They had a good time and ate it all. I also made two rhubarb pies. I gave one to Teri when she picked Noah up tonight.

Tomorrow is the busy day. I donate plasma early, the kids go to Camp Ed, Aleah has tennis at noon, piano at 3:30 and all the kids have swimming lessons at 4:30. Samantha and I need to clean her room tomorrow as well.

I'm waiting on some baby news today. Loren's sister-in-law, Kelly's older sister, is in the hospital having her baby. Her water broke this morning (the actual due date) so I'm waiting to hear the details. We know the baby is a girl and it's the Harris' first grandchild. Loren and Kelly were in Wisconsin for Kelly's younger sister's high school graduation this past weekend and were hoping the baby would have already been born but no such luck so they'll be taking another trip to Wisconsin soon.

No comments: