Despite the weather today (I'm not complaining-we are thankful for the rain!) Aleah was able to have her first tennis lesson. It was starting to sprinkle right before but they let the kids play for about a half hour before the courts were just too wet. She really enjoyed it and I hope she continues to like it. Tennis is definitely a sport that you can play throughout your life.
Donovan asked me today if he could play tennis next year because he really wanted too (he was hitting a tennis ball around with one of the extra racquets today and loving it) so I told him they have a session in July if you want to play then and he enthusiatically said, "YES!" Sooooooo....Donovan will be taking tennis lessons in July as well as golf and since I'll be there for Donovan and Samantha loves tennis I'll sign her up for the same time slot as well! She was only signed up for the June session. Aleah's session covers both June and July. At least Gerrit, Aleah, and Donovan won't have Camp Edventure in July.
Tonight is the last night of Vacation Bible School. It's went really well and the kids have seemed to enjoy the crafts-especially engraving their dog tag necklaces. Aleah is taking Zoe with tonight. Zoe has been in Minneapolis earlier this week and just got back last night.
We're off to swimming lessons soon. I'm glad Bruce has been able to help out there this week with VBS at night. Gerrit, Aleah, and Sam all have their lessons at 4:35 but Donovan has his at 5:10 and doesn't finish until 5:40. It takes about 15 minutes to drive home and the kids need to eat supper before we leave for church at 6:15 so on Tuesday I was able to get home about 5:30 and get everyone fed and the kitchen cleaned before we left. Bruce and Donovan got home right about six and Donovan quickly ate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment