I just pushed the bike toward the center and sat down to wait. He never did come to me. After the others came back we loaded up the van again and headed home. I was disappointed, but we'll try another day.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Bikes and Haircuts
After supper yesterday evening we headed up to the Capitol building here in Bismarck. Our plan was for me to work on teaching Donovan to ride his bike, while the other kids played and Nancy went on a walk.
Here the other three kids are heading down the mall and Nancy is beginning her walk around the mall.
And here Donovan sits on the side pouting. He had a bad attitude about getting on the bike and refused to do so. He wanted to go where we had been the previous night. It was so bumpy, though, and that kept making him lose control. I thought this downhill slope would be a lot smoother and work out better for him.
I just pushed the bike toward the center and sat down to wait. He never did come to me. After the others came back we loaded up the van again and headed home. I was disappointed, but we'll try another day.
Tonight, while waiting out the storm that fortunately never came, I gave both the boys haircuts with my clipper. Gerrit's hair was long but it wasn't so shaggy as he had one haircut since the time Donovan had his last cut. Of course, this is Donovan before the clipping.
Post clipping. Looks a lot better if you ask me. Plus it will be much cooler for the warm summer weather that is sure to come!
I just pushed the bike toward the center and sat down to wait. He never did come to me. After the others came back we loaded up the van again and headed home. I was disappointed, but we'll try another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment