Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Not so much snow

I really wonder when the last time was that the weatherman actually got a snow predication total right. They always say we'll get so much-today was suppose to be six inches-and we didn't get even half that. We just haven't had much snow in Bismarck at all this winter. Bruce has said around New Rockford the ditches are full. There's still a bit of winter left though so we could get more snow. I think I would like to take the kids out to Papa's Pumpkin Patch (now referred to as Papa's Polar Patch) this weekend if it's not too cold or windy. They have a lot of things set up there and I've heard great things about it. They have sleigh rides, snow caves, snow slides, etc. If we don't do that at least we should take the kids sledding. Winter will be over before we know it.

I made it to the Y again this morning. Donovan and Samantha had a blast playing air hockey. I watched them and Samantha seems to know what she's doing. Donovan had speech after that. Samantha did not take a nap today but at least went down without a fuss tonight. She was up until 10:30 last night-she was just wired. I don't know what's wrong with her.

Tomorrow I'm helping drive for Gerrit's field trip to a health fair at the U of Mary. The kids are all excited about their Valentine's parties and Gerrit's box is finished-Aleah finished her box on Sunday. Both Gerrit and Aleah asked after school today if they could bring something for their parties tomorrow. I wish they would have asked earlier in the week. I need to get groceries so am short on things we could make and didn't have time to get them after school. Their teachers told them not everyone needs to bring since there will be plenty there-only if you can. Aleah was quite mad at me for awhile. Just a preview of the teenage years to come I'm sure.

Barb and I might go out for lunch tomorrow and the girls too. Barb hasn't been feeling good lately though so we'll see how she feels in the morning.

No comments: