I use RecipeZaar quite a bit and this is where I got the recipe for Old Settler's Baked Beans. I tripled everything except for the ground beef and bacon, both of which I doubled. This was partly because I added something else - about 1/2 pound of country style sausage, cut up and fried. I read that tip in a book I have, titled "Eat What You Want and Die Like a Man - The World's Unhealthiest Cookbook." It is part recipe book and part humor essays. This guy recommended Hillshire Farms sausage but I just bought sausage from the meat counter to save some money. I used Stubb's Smokey Mesquite for the barbeque sauce in the recipe.
My mom and her siblings posed with their mom (my grandma) for a picture. From L-R: my aunts Vicki and Betty, my mom Joann, my grandma Thelma, and my uncle Vernon.
No comments:
Post a Comment