Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kindergarten visit and mom arrives

I started the day at Biolife Plasma Services donating plasma as I try to do most Tuesday mornings. I finished getting the three oldest kids off to school when I got home. Samantha and I then made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to get a few things and then I finished a few chores when I got home. We then headed over to the school and did an activity with Donovan's Kindergarten class.

This is the second activity I did with them this year. They are all so cute. What a fun age to teach. If I could pick a grade to teach I would pick Kindergarten or any grade 3-5. I have taught Kindergarten but I was also teaching second and third grade at the same time so it's not quite the same. I also stayed and ate lunch with Donovan. What a chatty group!! Samantha and I got to experience the Nacho Boat lunch. Today is the first time Donovan tried it too and he liked it-who wouldn't like chips and cheese. You can also have taco meat and lettuce on it but of course Donovan didn't. Samantha and I did-that girl loves taco meat!! Next week we will be eating lunch with Gerrit (it's nice that in fifth grade he still wants to eat lunch with mom) and I believe it's double stuff pizza square. I will have to bring Donovan and Samantha since Donovan doesn't have school on Wednesdays. I would have preferred to go on Thursday the 22nd but Gerrit thinks his orchestra teacher is taking them out to eat at McDonald's that day.

Mom got here about two today. We had pizza tonight and the boys played some bowling with her on the Wii. I had Moms In Touch tonight (the last one until fall) and then came home and got the kids ready for bed.

Tomorrow is my last really busy Wednesday. Gymnastics, speech, piano and the kids go to Snoopers for Adventure Club. I believe mom is taking us out to Perkins for lunch after gymnastics and then I'll make spaghetti for supper. While the kids are at Snoopers I'll help set up at church for the MOPS mother/daughter tea that is on Thursday. There are eight more days of school!!

No comments: