October is a crazy month for fundraisers for us. The kids are all selling raffle tickets for their school-there's many prizes with the big one being a big screen TV. We also have Gerrit selling Christmas wreaths and popcorn for Cub Scouts and Aleah selling candy and magazine subscriptions for Girl Scouts. Those would be enough but let's not forget that Donovan and Samantha are selling stuff for gymnastics as well. That's the one that gets me. I don't mind the school and the scouts stuff so much but doing one for gymnastics really gets me-let's just say I don't put any effort in that one at all-I buy a couple items and call it good. I don't think gymnastics should even have us do it unless the kids are on the performing teams since they're the ones mostly benefiting from it. Aleah also had to do a fundraiser for her preschool many years ago which I really didn't like since we paid tuition for her to go there. Basically I hate selling anything to anyone and we don't make too much of an effort except with Girl Scout cookies.
I think Kindergarten is tiring Donovan out. I had to wake him up at 9:30 this morning so he would have time to get dressed and eat before gymnastics this morning. I am so glad he doesn't go full days everyday. He also had speech today and we went to church tonight for Adventure Club and small group study.
Tomorrow I have MOPS then Barb is watching Samantha when I go donate plasma. I'm going to try to get a workout at the Y in sometime too. Gerrit has Young Scientist Club after school and then we can come home!! The bookmobile comes to our neighborhood tomorrow too. They come once a month and we missed them last month since we were in Wisconsin. I do think we'll end up missing them again because they come at five and we won't get home until about 5:20 and then they'll be almost ready to go-they park right in front of our house since we're sometimes the only people in the neighborhood that show up.
I told the kids I would make homemade pizza for them tomorrow night. Aleah really likes homemade pizza which is good since she's so picky about certain kinds of pizza-weird-isn't any kind of pizza usually good??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment