Saturday, August 25, 2007

Half the weekend is gone already

Friday I donated plasma before Bruce left for work. I was reading the newspaper when I got back and thought the kids and I should go out to some rummage sales-they enjoy that so much and we hadn't done it since the first part of June when we were in Williston. The weather was nice too it wasn't 90 plus degrees. I gave them their allowance before we went saying you don't have to spend it just to spend it, etc. it's better to save your money for the trip to Wisconsin. Donovan spent his all his money by the third rummage sale (he couldn't pass on the stuffed animals and books) but Gerrit and Aleah showed a lot of control and only bought some baseball cards for fifty cents. Samantha bought some kind of stuffed angel while I wasn't looking with her money. I did find the Max Lucado book Next Door Savior but that's about it.

We also went to the Gateway to Science in the afternoon. The kids love it-it's a very hands on science museum and they change their displays quite often-we were in about a month before and they had some different ones. We became members back in the spring so we can go as much as we want and since Gerrit loves science and takes classes from there we get those at a discount. He's signed up for the Young Scientist Club this fall. We went to Kohl's after that and Aleah got a dress for the rehearsal-now everyone but me as something to wear-I'll be looking next week when the kids are in school-Samantha is usually a good shopper.

Today I did a lot of laundry and then this afternoon the kids had a birthday party at the Ramkota for my cousin's daughter. They had a blast!! I wonder how many times Donovan went down the slide-they were some tired kids tonight.

No comments: