I'm still waiting to hear if I got the job I interviewed for a month ago. The school board met last night and since I haven't gotten a phone call today so it's not looking likely. Bummer! I feel like emailing the business manager again so I just know. What to do?
It took me two days to finish Aleah's room, but it looks fantastic!! It's so refreshing. It feels tropical and youthful to me. She did a good job of helping.
Today I had to take Donovan to get a new nosepad on his glasses. He got scratched bad on the trampoline last night from the one that was missing-I didn't know it was missing. The kids all had their dental checkups too. No cavities-four kids and not one has ever had a cavity. Three out of four of them are not regular brushers either so they are lucky. Samantha had to have sealants put on her molars. I didn't think anything of it since they've all had it done and there's never been any problems. Samantha was the exception. She really got anxious and they just couldn't get her to calm down. She didn't like them drying her mouth out or the cotton they put in so they had to give her some nitrous oxide to calm her down. It was really hard watching her. She was fighting that too, but they managed to get it done.
We also got a trip in to the library and to the swimming pool. What a nice day to cool off in the pool. We picked up the Weaver kids and they came too. Barb is busy getting her house in order for her dad's visit next week.
What to do tomorrow besides laundry? A bit more job searching and I have a bunch of phone calls to make. Maybe I'll clean the living room carpets. Donovan is having a friend over and wants scotcharoos so I'll make those in the morning. Samantha is also going to see if a classmate from school can come over. Gerrit works and is going to stay over at my mom's tomorrow night.
I started reading Dreams of Joy by Lisa See. It's a sequel to Shanghai Girls that I've read a couple of years ago. I'm liking it so far. I know when I finished Shanghai Girls I wasn't happy with the ending so I'm glad she wrote another book.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment