Sunday, July 8, 2012

A mixed up busy week!

This past week was a bit mixed up. Independence Day was on a Wednesday so all that day it seemed more like Saturday or Sunday so I was confused what day it was half the time. We had a nice July 4th. We had a bunch of people over in the evening. We had Bruce's parents, my mom, Bruce's brothers Harvey and Doug, and we had the Weaver Family over. We had a great time!  I think it's been almost ten years that we've started having the Weavers come. It was before Sydney and Samantha were in the picture.

I've started getting ready to paint Aleah's room. I've got it almost all taped and stuff is pretty much out of there that will get in the way. It's going from pink to cool lagoon. We'll post pictures. I hope to get it all done tomorrow. I'm priming it first to cover all the pink!

Yesterday we took a long drive-like a 500+ mile drive up to the oil patch and back. We wanted to check things out. It was just Bruce, my mom, Samantha and me. We took mom's Edge. The others didn't want to be gone that long-it's kind of boring. They had a nice quiet day at home-I think they mostly kept to themselves. Samantha was so good. We took a picture of mom, Sam, and me in front of dad's first well.

I did finish Under the Twisted Cross this week. If I had to choose between being a Japanese or German POW I would have picked the German POW. They both had it really bad, but the Japanese were a little worse.  I also started Still Missing by Chevy Stevens yesterday and finished today. It was so good. Now to pick another book.

No comments: