Saturday, July 21, 2012

The week in review

Gerrit successfully finished his driving class-this doesn't mean he's ready to get his license.  He still needs to work on a few things, and I'm still scared to ride with him.

Wendy came for a couple days. We had a blast. We went to Summer Theater-The Sound of Music, had pedicures, went to the Olive Garden, saw a movie, and had a lot of good conversation.

I'm painting Aleah's closets doors white. When we moved in 12 years ago we took the closet doors off the kids closets (Aleah got her fingers squeezed in them when we were looking at the house to buy) and now Aleah wants hers back on-she's old enough not to squeeze her fingers anymore. We had painted her trim white years ago when we remodeled her room so I'm painting the doors white so they match.

I still have not heard either way about the job, but I got a phone call Wednesday morning that I have an interview for a Kindergarten job in one of the Bismarck elementary schools and I am so excited!!!!  That would be a dream come true for me to have my own classroom in the Bismarck Public Schools. The weird thing, I think, is that the principal was going to interview me even though she didn't think I had a Kindergarten endorsement. I actually am certified K-8. I hope that helps my chances. Please say some prayers for me.  My interview is on Wednesday morning. I'm meeting with a friend of mine that teaches Kindergarten to gets some pointers from her on Monday. I didn't sleep very good the first couple of days after I found out since I was so excited. Ideas just coming pouring in about things I could do in class and how I would set up my room. This is the first real interview I've had with the school district. I'll say it again-I am so excited!

We need to start planning and packing for our upcoming trip to Wisconsin. Can't wait to see how much my nephews have grown since Christmas. We may get in a side trip to Chicago. There's so much to do there, but Donovan's biggest wish is to see Soldier Field where the Bears play.

I read the book Courageous this week. Bruce and I saw the movie in theaters awhile ago. It was really a good movie-done by Christian director and actors.  I'll have to pick a new book tonight or tomorrow to start on next.

No comments: