Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Glasses

The kids had their eye doctor appointments today. We were sure Gerrit needed glasses. He had failed the eye screening at the doctor's office last month and he's been so close to needing them the past couple of years-he even had them from ages 4-8 for far sightedness. Gerrit did not need glasses. He still sees well enough that glasses aren't needed. It's just a matter of time.

I was shocked to learn that Aleah and Donovan need glasses. They are near sighted and will always need glasses or contacts now-unless they have lasix surgery at some point in their lives. Dr. B told me that when you have two parents that are severely near sighted like Bruce and I are (I'm actually legally blind) it passes on to the kids-sorry guys! We're going to go pick out frames tomorrow. Samantha has a slight astigmatism but it's not bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew is near sighted...and his eyesight has improved with glasses...now he hardly needs them, he mostly needs them because he is so photosensitive. I still have uncorrected vision and I think Matt sees like 20/40 so our eyesight as a family is pretty good.