Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Williston weekend

The kids and I went to Williston this past weekend. Bruce stayed home to work, can beets, fix the dishwasher, tend the garden, purchase and assemble a new grill, and a bunch of other things. The kids and I participated in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life in Williston. This was mom's second year that she participated in it and we walked with her and all the other cancer survivors and their families. It was really great. Mom's friend that she walked with last year passed away a few weeks ago after battling bone cancer for many years.

I also saw a classmate of mine there. He was not at the high school reunion. He was at the Mayo Clinic with his son at the time. His son has a brain tumor. I'd say he's about Donovan's age. Stuart said he's doing okay and they will be glad when this year is over. I hope and pray Jayce beats it. Stuart's mom was also my piano teacher and she was also there. I know she' really getting up in age-she was well over 40 when Stuart was born as he's the youngest of seven. I asked Stuart if she'd remember me and he brought me over and she did. She asked me if I still played piano and I told her I did for fun. She told me she still plays for church-she's in her early 80's.

Saturday, mom, the kids, and I went to some rummage sales. We have not done that all summer so it was nice. We spent the afternoon cleaning stuff out of the garage after dad's mishap a couple weeks ago. Speaking of dad, he had some fluid drained from his brain today. Mom said they got there at eight and were home by ten so he didn't miss his favorite show "The Price is Right." He'll have to have it done again in a few weeks and then maybe see a neurologist.

Sunday we went to church in Williston and after lunch the kids and I headed for home. We stopped in Minot to see my Aunt Loreen. We missed my Uncle Donald-he was working in his gardens. We had lunch with my friend Marsha on the way to Williston on Friday. We arrived home at 5:30 and Bruce grilled hamburgers on our new grill-the old one fell apart.

No comments: