Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Updates

Its' been close to a month since I last blogged. Wow, is this summer flying by-almost time to school shop. Swimming lessons are done for the summer so we're down to baseball and tennis and Aleah has band camp in August. The kids also had Vacation Bible School last week in which I helped with crafts but we missed the last two nights since we went to Williston.

We were in Williston for my 20 year high school reunion. I missed the 10 year-we lived near Brookings, SD, and since Bruce just started a new job and we had a two year old and a newborn I was not up to making the 1,200 mile round trip by myself. I graduated with 220 other people. I knew almost everyone by name but I didn't know a lot of people well. I did have a good time at the reunion. The people I hung out with in high school were not there but I still had a good time seeing everyone. I was so glad the first night that we had nametags with our senior picturs on them because I didn't recognize a lot of people-I hadn't seen some of them for 20 years. I would say overall that the guys changed the most-when we left they were 18 year old boys and now they're 38 year old men. I'd have to say that some of them look way older too-a lot of them are turning gray already. I believe the girls haven't changed much at all-the big hair is gone and the bodies aren't like they were as teenagers but as a whole we've aged well!

We got back home on Friday night and we got ready for Independence Day. We had Barb, Jason, and kids over as well as Barb's sister and her family from Seattle. They have two boys that are 9 and 11 and they've never got to shoot off fireworks before so they had a great time. It was a beautiful night and the neighborhood was lit up more than usual.

Sunday we were invited to my friend Kristy's daughter's first birthday. She had the party at her parents house and we had a good time especially the kids. Kristy's parents have an in ground swimming pool and my kids took a 15 minutes break to eat supper but otherwise they were in the pool for three hours. They didn't want to leave. Gracey reminds me of Samantha-especially a few months ago. She has a full head of dark hair and big blue eyes-her hair is still dark at a year-Samantha's got lighter pretty quick.

This week we're busy getting ready to go to Minneapolis for Gerrit's sugery. He has his pre-op physical tomorrow with his regular doctor. We plan on heading down to Sioux Falls and then through Iowa up to Minnesota. Bruce suggested we drive through Iowa some since the kids and I have never been there-we can add another state to our list now.

Luke got home from the hospital on Monday-he is four weeks old today so he was in the hospital for close to four weeks-his due date was July 17th. I'm waiting to hear how things are going for the new parents and if they're getting any sleep now that Luke is home. I can't wait to see him next week.

No comments: