Friday, July 10, 2009

Garden Delights

Hi. I suppose you all are wondering when I am ever going to post some garden pictures. Wonder no more. It is time for a garden update! The winter wheat is doing well, but now I have vermins gettin' at my little patch. Striped gophers or moles are pulling down the stalks and eating the wheat from the heads. Hopefully I can eradicate those rodents.

I took these pictures Monday evening - before the wind and rain. Our gauge showed 0.70" of rain. The only thing affected by the wind was the sweet corn. It laid down a bit but straightened back up on its own within a couple of days. Thankfully the severe weather missed Bismarck on Wednesday night.

Nice overall view of the garden patch. Donovan posed for me and Samantha was digging in the dirt beside the tomatoes.

A view from another corner. Right up front are potatoes. Some raspberries are visible at the lower left.

The only reason I put this one up is because Sadie was tearing around while I was taking pictures and ended up as a blur at the bottom of this one. Is it normal for dogs to eat strawberries? I think we have to get a net to protect our fruits because Sadie eats all of the ripe ones. The little bugger.

This year we have four hills of pumpkins with four plants in each hill. I dug a big trench around each hill for watering purposes.

Tomatoes nestled in their cages.

Da beans. Da beets.

Freshly dug watering trenches for the sweet corn. The corn has really grown this week! It is now waist high on me.

No comments: