Saturday, September 5, 2009

Samantha

Samantha had a big week! She started preschool on Wednesday. She was very excited about it and had a great first day. I didn't get at all weepy dropping my baby off at preschool but she sure did look like a big girl when I came to pick her up and she was standing with the other kids in line wearing her backpack. She said she had a good time but a couple of the kids cried for their mommies. Sydney had told Barb the same thing and Barb asked her if it made her sad and miss her. Sydney replied that it made her sick since the girls nose was running-Sydney has a weak stomach like Gerrit does. I told Samantha later on in the day that she would get to go to school on Friday again and she must have thought it was a one time deal because she replied, "I get to go again?!" She was happy about that.

Barb and I did go out for breakfast and walked around the Tom O'Leary Golf Course while the girls were at school. When Samantha was at school on Friday I walked it again with Tricia and then went and had my haircut. This is the first time in 12 years that all the kids are in school. I am glad that Samantha is only gone three mornings a week though, I'm not ready for her to be gone full time.

I've always noticed Samantha has extremely large tonsils-the doctor has said so as well but she's not a sick child and so we didn't think much of it until lately. Samantha almost always wakes up a few times during the night and quite often ends up in bed with us. Bruce and I are starting to think she might have sleep apnea and that's what is causing her to wake up so much. Aleah use to be like that too until she had her tonsils removed. She's going to see her pediatrician this month to see what he thinks. I'm guessing he'll refer us to an ENT doctor.

Today we were watching a show where the little girl went to bed so nice (Samantha has always been the hardest of the kids to get to stay in bed) and I commented to her that the little girl sure goes to bed nice and she said, "That's because she doesn't have big tonsils." Funny girl.

No comments: