Tomorrow is a big day for me. I will make my return to the school classroom to do some substitute teaching. The last time I subbed, 911 had not yet occurred, and Aleah was my baby who had just turned two. It was April 2001 and I just subbed for a day in the class I had in Regan the 1995-1996 school year. I stopped doing full-time subbing in November 1998, when we only had one child, so it's been almost 10 years! The time has flown by and there's been many changes but I feel confident that I'll pick up right where I left off and I'm looking forward to it.
I really hadn't planned on starting back to subbing until next year when Samantha is in Kindergarten but I want to be ready to go next year whether just subbing all over Bismarck or even finding a part time teaching job-they should be hiring lots of teachers next year since Bismarck is opening a new elementary school next fall but I don't think I'd be ready for a full time job. I don't even want to sub that much this year since Samantha is still around all but three mornings a week but I think it'll will be good for our family in lots of ways. My friend Tricia is going to watch Samantha which I appreciate so much. I also would only like to sub in the kids schools. I actually have quite a few days set up and ideally would like to sub a couple times a week or about 8-10 times a month.
I'm actually subbing in Aleah's classroom tomorrow and Monday. I love that the teachers at the kids' elementary school are excited to have me sub there as well. It's a nice small school and it feels like I'll be working with friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment