Thursday, May 26, 2011

Unreal

Things are crazy in the Bismarck/Mandan area. We are in the midst of fighting a flood of epic proportions. South Bismarck-where we live-is at risk of flooding. The outlook keeps getting more bleak everyday. There are a lot of unknowns right now. It is scary and I'm not really sure what we should do or if there is really anything we can do.

Our kids last day of school is tomorrow which is a good thing because it most likely will be surrounded by water in a few days. They are going to build a dike around it and today they are moving everything up to the second floor or shipping it to other schools for the summer. There will be no Camp Edventure (summer school) there now. I was going to be teaching there but don't know which school we will be at now. I am glad the school year is over so the kids won't have to go to another school. The waters may not recede for six to eight weeks. I can't believe this is happening.

We should be okay at least for a couple weeks until the Corps releases even larger amounts of water. We do hopefully have some time to protect some things and get ready. A lot of our friends are already having to evacuate. It is so sad to see so much traffic and truckloads of furniture and sandbags.

No comments: