Samantha had her birthday party a week ago Saturday. I did let her invite 16 kids to our house and I was happy that only nine showed up. The party went so well and the kids that came were so well behaved. They all had a good time and even though they couldn't play outside we were still able to do the pinata out there so that was nice.
Aleah is done with volleyball and Samantha is done with basketball. The girls should be starting soccer this week. The first game was actually scheduled for April 2nd but our North Dakota winters have given Bismarck girls short soccer seasons the past couple of years.
I believe there are only 33 days left of school! Wow! The school year has flown by. I also found out this past week that I will be teaching Camp Edventure-summer school. I am excited about this-more experience and I'm not going to lie but the money is quite good. It's from June 6-July 19 (with a four day weekend for the July 4th weekend) and it's only 8-12. Samantha is going to go but Donovan has chosen not to go. He likes to sleep in and someone told me that Donovan didn't need to to since he could probably teach it himself. He reads so much during the summer (even more then during the school year) and I'm going to help him with geography because he's excited he can participate in the Geography Bee next spring.
Aleah's birthday is two weeks away which means Easter is two weeks away. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet. She'll have to wait until the week after her birthday to have a party with her friends. We had thought maybe next weekend but Gerrit gets to go to the state Science Olympiad in Fargo next Saturday and he has to be at the school at 4:30 a.m. so having a bunch of girls here the night before wouldn't be good-he wouldn't get much sleep at all.
I need to start going through things. We are going to have a rummage sale on May 21st at my mom's. That's the day of the soccer jamboree and it's right next to mom's condo so that should be a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment