Thursday, January 7, 2010

Missing in Action

It's been so long since I've blogged. I just got so busy before Christmas and then got a bit lazy during Christmas since we had the big blizzard then got busy to get ready for my family to come visit. Now it's all done and I've been trying to get back into the swing of things.

I subbed yesterday at Centennial School-this school is one of the furthest from our house and yesterday we had a winter storm. Bruce was also out of town which made things interesting. I got up very early and there didn't seem to be much snow at the time so I didn't shovel then. I made it out of the driveway-it was fluffy snow but there was quite a bit. Driving was slow going. I dropped Gerrit off at school and that's always fun dropping a child off at middle school-it takes forever. I'm glad he usually rides the bus. I then drove to Barb's (which thankfully isn't out of the way from where I was going) and dropped off Samantha there so she could bring her to preschool. I got to the school 45 minutes later so didn't get there until 8:15-they were almost ready to call to see if I was coming. The roads were awful and there were quite a few accidents.

The day went well-I had sixth grade and the morning was easy but the afternoon did drag. After school, I met Barb at the clinic, where her boys were getting allergy shots, to pick up Samantha and was happy to get home. I couldn't get into the garage though because of the big snowdrift. Wednesday is normally our busy day-Samantha has dance, Aleah has piano, and then we go to church-not last night! The temperature was dropping and the roads were awful so we stayed home. The boys and I shoveled so we could get the van in the garage. The patio door also got frozen shut and we had to let Sadie out the front door but I wasn't concerned she'd run away because she doesn't like cold weather.

Bruce made it home tonight from the Fargo area and he finished the shoveling and got the door fixed! I was originally going to sub this afternoon (at Centennial again in first grade) but the teacher's meeting got cancelled because of the weather so I didn't have to go outside at all today. That was great-the high for today was -11. It's suppose to get down to -35 tonight-that's COLD! Samantha and I hung out at home today and did things around the house. She's starting to pick up words in books when I read to her-today's word was CAT. She actually took a nap today too-she fell asleep about 4:30 for an hour but still went to bed by 8:15. I think she's still tired out from Christmas.

No comments: