Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009, Part 2

The last part of this past week was the second part of our Christmas - the celebration with Nancy's family. We exchanged gifts Thursday afternoon and took it easy the rest of the day. Only Nancy and I were up yet for the midnight toll of the new year although Loren and family were awake at the hotel and went to the lounge area for some free goodies.

Friday, the first day of 2010, we got together at a local restaurant to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Nancy's parents. The anniversary was actually earlier in December but this was the first time all of us could get together. Loren and Kelly picked up a cake and we had cake and ice cream back at the house.

Saturday we had sort of our official Christmas meal. On the menu was a 22 lb. turkey! We had to bake it over seven hours. I'll tell you what -we definitely had more than enough meat. We sent some home with everyone and still have plenty left here.

Apples to Apples was a popular game this time and I think it was played at least once every day.

Before cutting the cake we got a photo of Karen and Laurence with said cake.

Grandpa and Grandma with all of their grandchildren.

Just the grandchildren.

Loren and Kelly with Luke.

Mijn familie. When posing, I hadn't even noticed that Donovan had grabbed our little wiener dog, Sadie.

No comments: