There was a blizzard? We ended up with about 12" of snowfall and had a lot of wind, but overall it seemed to be relatively mild as far as blizzards go. It certainly could have been very much worse, anyway. Below are some photos of the snow around and about our house.
I spent two hours this morning shoveling and blowing. That old snowblower sure is wonderful to have. Without it I am positive it would have taken at least double the time. As it was I had to shovel quite a bit from the top of the snowbanks before I could use the blower - most were at least one foot taller than the throat of the blower. I think in future storms I should try to go out periodically to keep the banks from getting too tall.
Church was canceled this morning because snow was blocking access to the parking lot. I would guess the streets in that area had not been cleared and would have been pretty snotty to navigate as well.

Saturday evening I went out and cleared some snow from against the garage and from in front of my car. Donovan and Samantha came out to play in the snow for a while.




On this above photo you can see the imprint of part of the front of my car in the snowbank.



All better now!

Sadie loves to be outside, too. I think it is funny she had to jump up on the little snowbank to look around.

This cool snowbank is in front of the fence of our neighbor to the west.
No comments:
Post a Comment