Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Five years and a bunch of other things

So yesterday my mom became a five year cancer survivor!!! I cannot begin to describe how awesome that is to me. I feel so blessed to still have my mom in my life. I still remember what it was like to hear her tell me that the doctors found a malignant tumor on her liver. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach and couldn't catch my breathe. The next 13 months were really hard but God provided not one but two miracles when she received two different livers in back to back transplants. Amazing!! She is a survivor!

It's hard to believe that there's just over two months left of school. It has went so fast and it scares me that in only four years we will be getting ready for Gerrit to graduate from high school. I wish time would just slow down a bit!

Bruce and I went out Thursday night since there was no school the next day. We grabbed a sub and went to the movie "True Grit." We enjoyed it.

We had a blizzard on Friday. It came up so fast and Gerrit was on the way to Minnesota with the church youth group. They left Bismarck at 1:30. He texted us along the way and said the visibility was poor and there were some cars in the ditches until Jamestown. He said after they left Jamestown it was better. Shortly after they left Jamestown, the Interstate was closed to there so they were just ahead of the blizzard. I was happy when he said they got to camp.

Donovan stayed with my mom on Saturday night so we just had the girls. It's always strange when just one of the kids isn't around so it was really strange with just the girls. We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel.

Currently for sports Aleah has about two weeks left of volleyball and Samantha has about four weeks left of basketball. Girls soccer starts after that and both of them are in it.

I'm only working four to ten hours a week at The Children's Place and I do enjoy it. The people are nice to work with and it's kind of fun. I don't want more hours than that until summer time. I'm subbing nearly full time. I do take an occasional Wednesday off for monthly book club and to have lunch with friends. I am contemplating having a blog just about the books I read. I do love to read!

No comments: