Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Anybody out there?

We certainly have not been good bloggers this year. Our lives aren't boring-just busy!

Aleah turned eleven almost two weeks ago!! She had a sleepover and she got roller blades for her birthday. She really does love them-she wears them a lot and she takes Sadie around the neighborhood-or rather Sadie takes her around the neighborhood-who knew a 12 pound dog is so strong!

I've been subbing a lot lately. I'm hoping to pick up some sub days for Camp Edventure this summer too (summer school) as they are only half days. Tomorrow I start four days in a row for Kindergarten. I'm in this class a lot so I already know the routine and the kids. It's really hard to believe there is only 16 days of school left and the last week of school I'll be in Rochester with mom for our yearly pilgrimage to the Mayo Clinic for a checkup. We'll be able to stop and see Loren, Kelly, and Luke. I'll have to bring Luke's birthday present. It's hard to believe he'll be a year old in June and he's bigger now then Donovan and Samantha were at that age and he weighed almost four pounds less at birth-way to grow, Luke!

Bruce is in Iowa for meetings. He'll be home tomorrow. I hope he beats the snow home. I guess we're under a winter weather advisory-hard to believe it's May!

It's only Wednesday but the week has been so busy. I subbed Monday and Samantha had her spring dance show that night. It was really cute. Yesterday I didn't sub (although I could have) but I got some errands and laundry done and Gerrit had a doctor checkup after school. He still is having sinus problems and will continue with the current treatment and see what the ENT doctor says in June. I pray this will not involve surgery of any kind!! As soon as we got home (Aleah and Donovan got home from school while we were at the clinic) Donovan was crying from ear pain so fifteen minutes later I was on the way back to the clinic. Luckily Aleah's friend gave her a ride to soccer.

Donovan does have an ear infection. We made it home just in time for me to make sandwiches and then we were off to Gerrit's orchestra concert. Normally orchestra concerts aren't that long but last night's was an hour and a half since there was a popular rock violinist there that the kids played with-Mark Wood. He was really good but it went on too long especially since I still had to pick up Donovan's antibiotic. Tonight there is only a piano lesson and church.

My parents were going to come visit this week but my dad ending up having some cysts on his kidneys that needed to be drained. Hopefully he's on the mend now.

We have no activities tomorrow night-usually there is soccer but Aleah's coach wisely moved the practice to last night so the girls wouldn't have to run around in the possible snow.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited to see your blog updates! I'm here! :)