Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fifth Birthday

Samantha "our baby" celebrated her fifth birthday yesterday! We managed to get a birthday party in yesterday and it was so nice out that she and her friends were able to play outside most of the time!

The thing that stands out the most to me about yesterday happened very quickly and I was so fortunate to see and hear it happen. I was doing some dishes (our kitchen faces the street and the window was open) when Gerrit was getting off the bus. Samantha went outside to greet him. Gerrit came up to her and put his arm around her and asked her if she had a nice birthday party. She replied yes. He then told her, "I remember the day you were born. I was in the second grade."

I just thought that was really precious and he really is a very good big brother to Samantha. Gerrit was exactly eight years and two weeks old when Samantha was born and by then he was use to the role of big brother. He has a special place in his heart for his littlest sister as does she for her biggest brother.

No comments: