Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy 13th Birthday Gerrit and we're terrible bloggers

I admit it-we are terrible bloggers this year. I don't know that we're anymore busier than we have been in the past but neither of us is using what little spare time we have to blog-sorry to Bruce's Uncle Vernon-we will try to be better! Like you said there are two of us to keep up the blog!

Anyway this past week we were busy with Bruce's parent's 50th anniversary which was really great, my brother and his family's visit, all the normal activities, and Gerrit celebrated his 13th birthday! We now have a teenager living with us!

Happy Birthday to you Gerrit. There is no way you are already a teenager-that is simply not possible. We just brought you home from the hospital on that spring day back in 1997 after the worst winter on record, and now you're in middle school and going to movies with your friends without us. We love you!

Gerrit's birthday was on Wednesday and he opened his presents in the morning and I drove him to school. He wanted hamburgers for supper and had confirmation at church that night. I made the usual shamrock shaped sugar cookies as I have since he's been in school-he didn't take any to school for treats like he's done in years past (he's way too old for that now) but he did take some to church that night. Friday night Gerrit had his best friend sleep over and they went to "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" after we had Pizza Hut for supper. They proceeded to stay up late and played on the Wii and watched another movie.

No comments: